For the most part, the medical community says that HRT is the best menopause treatment. I do not agree. HRT is the most effective treatment to relieve menopause symptoms, but because of the health risks associated with it, not only do I not think that it is the best treatment, but I rank it at the bottom of my list of best treatments.
There are some in the medical community, and in celebrity circles, who swear by bioidentical hormone therapy. Many women have said that this treatment is effective in the relief of their symptoms and there are few negative accounts about it. I do not rank it highly on my list of best treatments, because I am concerned about the long term health affects of interfering with the natural hormone levels in the body. I will cover this more fully in another post.
Here is my list of the 8 best menopause treatments, in descending order (best first)
- exercise and diet – In my experience, women who do at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise every day … or who do physical activity that is aerobic for 30 minutes every day… and who follow a healthy and nutritious diet regimen, will have less frequent and less sever menopause symptoms, by and large
- stress reduction – do yoga, meditation, relaxation therapy or some other stress reduction technique. Studies show that stress exacerbates menopause symptoms. Your symptoms will be less frequent and less severe if you regularly use a technique that reduces your stress
- acupuncture – it is extremely effective at relieving hot flashes, mood swings and insomnia
- natural herbal products – Medical studies have found pycnogenol to be particularly effective at relieving hot flashes, night sweats, irregular periods, decreased libido, night sweats and vaginal dryness. The effectiveness of other natural products have not been validated by medical studies. However many woman report relief from these products. They do not produce universal results. A given product may work for 1 woman, but not other women. You may need to keep trying different products, until you find one that helps you
- vitamins and supplements – you should seek advice from your health provider for a vitamin and mineral supplementation regimen for your particular symptoms
- Chinese herbs – Many women report that Chinese herbs have helped to relieve their symptoms. Medical studies have found that EXD is effective at relieving hot flashes
- hypnotherapy – medical studies have shown hypnosis to be particularly effective at reducing hot flashes
- hormone therapy – Medical studies have shown hrt to be the most effective treatment for menopause symptoms, but it increases the users risk of heart attack, stroke and breast cancer. Bioidentical hormone therapy has helped many women reduce their menopause symptoms. There have been no studies that have examined its effectiveness or safety. I only recommend hormone therapy when a woman is unable to function in her life, due to the severity of her symptoms
This is my opinion concerning the best menopause treatments.
In what order would you rank these treatments?